Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Reeto

Okay, I'll admit it: Burritos are one of my absolute, all-time favorite foods. No joke. A good burrito ranks right there with spaghetti and meatballs, bratwursts and sauerkraut, and cereal. One of the basic food groups, as far as I'm concerned.

The problem is, I haven't had a burrito in...well, a long, long time. Not for at least, at least, a month, probably more. No La Parilla over break, not even a Taco Bell to keep my mind off of how much I miss a good 'rito and 'rita (It goes without saying, of course, that the best drink to have with a burrito is a margarita--they were made for each other).

Imagine my delight when I found out that there was a burrito joint here in Cambridge. Mexican food is only a recent phenomenon here in England. To say that I was out of my chair in moments is an understatement--it's not just the food, it's also a taste of home, fueled by a deep wellspring of hunger.

And lo, I was not disappointed. Indeed, I could frequent this place. It's a typical La Parilla/Taco Del Mar/Agave/Chipotle/Q'doba place, but with one major distinction: the menu lists the burrito as "Big Ass Burrito." I knew that they were not messing around. And it lived up to its name.

:3

ps, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, they have a van that isn't too far from where I work (probably a 15/20 minute walk, depending) to make their operation mobile. Overjoyed, I am. And hungry. Hmm....is today Tuesday? ;)

No comments: