Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Bag!

Whee, I just bought a bag! Last year, I used my sister's old bag, which was a POS, pardon my French. By the end of the year, two zippers had broken, three pockets had ripped out and, most importantly, my laptop was no longer safe. As in, the bottom had succeeded in ripping out....most of the way. And so, I bought a new bag! Hooray!

Okay, so I've been reading A List Apart and all I can say is "Wow." Seriously smart thoughts bouncing around over there, and they're especially relevant to me as an up-and-coming web developer (I hope). One of the things an article mentioned is the need to keep your readers interested. I realised that that's a problem I have never addressed: There's no reason for you all (if there's any people within that 'you all' group :P) to care about what I have to say, the way I've been saying it. So...yeah, gonna try to keep people interested. Somehow. :P

--

Small Gun: Alright, so I sorta lied in my last post (not off to a very good start, am I?). There's no story just yet for Small Gun, but I've talked with Anna about it and we want to start. Check here for me bouncing story ideas around for the coolest story known to man. For serious.

Video Games: So last weekend, I was watching GPhoria late at night. Can I take a moment to say how incredibly disappointed I am that Gears of War won Game of the Year. Yes, it's hardcore. It's got purty graphics. And yes, you have a chainsaw on your gun. But really? GotY material? I think not. I would say that, of the list they had as nominees, God of War 2 was the most deserving. And I say that not as a Sony fan but as a gamer. There was a game that made me care.

It's rather disappointing to see how GPhoria runs its awards: A group of games is selected and then, instead of having the pros who are supposed to be doing this for their living, they have fans vote. Fans are hardly indicative of whether a game is GotY material. It's indicative of if the game is popular, or if there's a bunch of worthless fanboys plugging for one game on a system, no matter what. All consoles have them, and all of them need to die extravagant, needlessly painful, entertaining deaths. Maybe then we could get on to what makes a game not good, but great. Knights of the Old Republic, you know what I'm saying. Halo: better wait in the van for the hairy men with drugged candy to have their way with you, you POS.

In case you haven't noticed, I have a bit of pent up anger about good games getting the spotlight over great games. :P

--

And thus begins the story of ___ Gun (first name undecided as of yet, make suggestions!), an ex-spook turned private detective, who has always received flak for his name and hates people who point it out. <-- More to follow when I actually flesh it out.

Until we meet again,

gun

No comments: