Tuesday, August 21, 2007

back

I'm back from vacay. The flying was the worst yet. Here's what happened.

Bozeman, Aug 17: Wake up at 3.30 to be at airport by 0600, flight at 0727. Flight == delayed until 0900. No representatives present to tell us why. The plane is just sitting on the tarmac. So we're like, WTF? Finally get on plane and leave ~0920.

Arrive: Chicago, Aug 17. Flight out of Boze was delayed, so connexion was tight at O'Hare. Luckily, connecting gate was just down the hall. And that flight is delayed too. The delay time keeps growing...and growing....but at least I made the connexion.

Arrive: Hartford CT, Aug 17. Would have been a good landing, had Chris and I not been faced with the Mystery of the Missing Aunt. She was supposed to be on my flight, but I couldn't find anyone who matched the description. So we look and look and finally find out that she never even checked in for the flight. Bum luck there.

--weekend in MA--


Hartford CT, Aug 19. Flights to Chicago are all delayed. Most have been canceled. 7 people made it off my flight (including myself), onto the only flight going to O'Hare that day. Luckily, that flight was delayed for 4 hours when we got on...and another 1 hour on the runway. Finally take off.

Arrive: Shitcago, Aug 19. As before, worried about connecting flight. Emergency vehicles are filling the runways for some reason, still unknown. Heavy storms are blocking the airport. Half of the flights out are either delayed or canceled. One girl across the way was stranded for approx 24 hours. My flight to Boze: delayed until 12am. Not cool. AngryKit. Go get shit pizza and buy books. Flight status moved up a couple of hours. That's good. Moved to a new gate. Delayed again. Finally get on plane at ~10pm. Sit on runway for another 45 minutes waiting to leave.

Arrive: Bozeman, Aug 19. Several hours late. Luckily no checked baggage. Heavy smoke making me cough. Get to car and drive home. Get home ~2-3 am mountain time, but I'm still on eastern time. So it's approx 4-5am for me.

Work the next morning.

If you haven't been able to tell by my syntax, I'm a.) angry at the airlines and b.) exhausted. Which raises the question of why I'm still awake writing. Good question. No answer. Almost done.

--
News:

-BHG: Charter passed, no longer Tactician. Now "Enforcer of the Vanguard." Have to make appointments by Saturday. We'll see how this plan works. New character in the works, backstory almost completed. Excited.

-Small Gun: Character name! Damien Gunn, ex spook forced into hiding after finding out that he doesn't exist. Surfaces in an as-yet-unidentified city and teams up with "Small" an ex-prizefighter.

-Oscar: Still fat, still cat. Purring. Curled up next to me. I like teh kitty.

-Motif Designs: Lost the disk with Charissa's files. Need new copy. Draft for Dr Stevenson underway. Purchase domain this week? Need good domain name. Plan on using RoR to make my own blog. Maybe.

Time for bed for this merc.

Until we meet again,
gun

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yo.

i'm scared to fly now. and you were stuck in one of the worst thunderstorm systems the midwest has ever had. i'm sure you got to watch some news in that long time at o'hare.

DAMN flying is a bitch. let's get a car and drive places.

see, i read this. thanks to... rss feeds!

kit said...

hot damn, RSS feeds ftw.