Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Eastern Promises

Just finished it. I liked it. A lot. It seemed to me to be a bit of a modern-day Godfather, even past the obvious similarities (ie, both about organized crime). Viggo's character Nikolai just really resonated with me...very well played.

I guess Eastern Promises was a bit of a primer for GTA IV, which comes out...well, 16 minutes ago. I still can't decide whether or not to buy it this week, or wait the whole summer. It is really a very, very tough decision.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? I tried to watch it but there was a lot of blood, a lot. And we all know how much I like blood. I turned it off right after he started hacking off the identifying features of the frozen corpse... Plus you have that whole 'eastern european' thing going so.. you should like it.

kit said...

Yeah, that's very true. I wasn't exactly put off by the blood, but it wasn't the high point of the movie, either. Of course, the blood only goes up throughout the movie...the pre-corpse bit was relatively minor.

I could see how it would turn some people away, though.